How to Dress for a Funeral
- Wear something black, or an alternatively subdued color.
- Dress formally. A suit and tie isn’t required for mourners who aren’t related to the deceased, but their attire should be relatively formal.
- Dress as appropriate for the religion/faith of the funeral service.
- Do not dress in bright, garish colors.
- Don’t wear something revealing or dressed-down, e.g. shorts, sandals, novelty T-shirts/hoodies.
- Do not wear anything that looks dirty or tacky, such as ripped jeans or an old jacket.
Courtesy of https://www.rhcfunerals.co.uk/