Funeral Estate Planning
The 20 Biggest Estate Planning Challenges
Funeral Planning and Estate Planning Challenges to Consider:
- No existing Last Will or Living Trust
- Difficulty locating a copy of the original Last Will or Living Trust
- Wills are Old and/or Outdated
- Living Trusts are not properly funded or titled properly
- Calculating income tax and estate taxes
- Properly filing income tax and estate taxes with the IRS
- Dealing with probate
- Difficulty locating many important financial documents
- Collecting life insurance or burial insurance proceeds
- What creditors are owed money
- Family disagreements
- Passwords to computers, access to safe deposit box
- Who should look after the children?
- Was there an end of life plan detailing the final plans and preferences?
- Was there any funeral insurance to pay for funeral costs?
- How does the family plan to pay for the funeral?
- Was there an end of life plan to help prepay funeral expenses?
- What assets are best to sell to pay for any taxes due or creditors owed?
- Who becomes the Executor when there is no Will or Living Trust?
- How does the family choose among the family heirlooms?
FuneralResources.com Can Help
Our website is designed to helps families by providing access to a National Directory of Pre-Screened Funeral and Financial Professionals to help them navigate through the many challenges of estate planning.